Wednesday, March 13, 2013

NWT Ice Road Trip March 2013

Welcome to Russ and Aaron's NWT Road Trip blog, or as I'd suggest if we have to give it a title the "Keep the sun at your 6 O'clock" tour.

My name is Aaron McCay and this blog will follow the adventures of Russ Higginson and I as we go out on the land. First, about the format. Russ and I are meteorologists hence the weather write-up each day. As a past supervisor once said:" weather forecasting gets in your blood after a while". Consider this blog my detox.
This trip, like a lot of them, was dreamed up on a  night shift while working in the arctic weather office in Edmonton. A road trip down the Mackenzie river valley in winter? A chance to see the land before the pipeline? Why not?

So it begins... Feel free to follow along.

1 comment: